Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Faux broody

Sigh.

Really, Coco? Again? I mean, I sort of knew trouble was brewing when you started doing that turkey-tail thing this weekend and making that tut-tutting noise, but sitting on the nest ALL DAY when there aren't even any eggs under you. Seriously? I mean, if you're going to act broody then at least sit on a darn egg or three, preferably not your own. Why are you wasting my time, making me push you out of the hen house, lock it down, then find that piece of wood I used last time to block the nest boxes so you couldn't sleep in one of them all night.

Plus, while you were inside all day acting like a big dum-dum, you totally missed out on the strawberries I brought out to the other, well-mannered ladies.

Stupid chicken.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Coco wants to be a mother. Thinking of her made me rmember the part in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle about Kingsolver trying to get her turkeys to sit on the eggs. The idea that motherhood could be bred out of an animal is kinda Brave New Worldish doncha think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost throttled poor Coco today. To call her a b-tch on wheels would not be exaggerating. I'll post about it when I can calm down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chickens next door are disappearing a few at a time. I guess I'll have to get my chicken-fix looking at photos of yours. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhhh...disappearing? Because of the stewpot, or predators?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming predators. I chased the neighborhood dogs away from them frequently. Yes, we have a leash law but the dogs are not literate.

    ReplyDelete