Thursday, September 2, 2010

Whoops!

I heard a goodly amount of squawking, honking and general noisemaking from the ladies twice this morning, so around 11:30 I figured it was safe to go out and collect eggs.

I opened the egg door, expecting to find one or two eggs. Instead I found Coco sitting on the nest. I shut the door quickly and quietly, feeling like I'd interrupted something very private. She apparently doesn't hold grudges, because she laid a perfect egg, as usual. She is my first and best layer!

In other chicken news, Jeff has let them out of the coop twice to briefly roam in the mostly fenced area adjoining it. Now those little rascals are as pushy as linebackers about getting out of the coop everytime I open the door. And they're getting to be about as big as linebackers, too. Sheesh!

1 comment: