Friday, September 3, 2010

Eat local...walk outside

One bowl of snacked-upon grapes...this is only part of the harvest!
Eating local doesn't get any more local when you're dining out of your backyard. Here's what my lil' urban farm brought to my table yesterday:
  • Two eggs
  • An apple
  • A mass of cherry tomatoes
  • A purple bell pepper
  • Gorgeous, juicy, jewel-like plums
  • A glut of grapes
I'm serious about that last part. Our two grapevines are taking over. One has bonded intimately with our large Japanese maple, and the other is taking over our doghouse-turned-backdoor woodshed and garden shoe shelter (after the dog would only deign to sleep in it under duress). That's OK, because the grapes (the variety escapes me) are no ordinary grapes. They have distinct citrus-like notes to them that are di-vine. (See what I did there...I made a little grape pun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment