Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cuckoo for Coco

Coco's still broody. Only now she's started shifting nest boxes to sit on the other hen's eggs. I don't know if this is progress over sitting on an empty nest, or not. I've started forcing her to leave the henhouse occasionally, which makes her bitch me out, as you'll see here. It's worse if I also took one of her "babies" from her (aka took an egg from under her).
Marmalade was having NONE of Coco's attitude. She was all, like, "What is your issue?"
She went back into the henhouse a few times while I was sitting with the ladies, but I kept the outer door to the nest boxes open so it was light and bright and not very inviting for nesting, so she turned around and went back out into the coop. 
View from outside the nestbox. Skinny legs, round body. Cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment