Monday, May 30, 2011

Clean as a whistle!

I'll tell you what...chickens can strip corn cobs and watermelon rinds like nobody's business. Good times for the chickens...and for the humans that watch them. Who needs the zoo?

Good news about Coco...I broke her of her broodiness! For now, anyway. Two nights in a row, I put a board across the opening of the nest boxes so Coco couldn't spend the night there. It did the trick. She didn't try to go in during the day, and her weird vocalizations and turkey-tail antics stopped. Unfortunately, she hasn't resumed laying eggs yet. We haven't had a usable egg from her for almost two weeks. But all else is well, and I'm sure she'll get back to business in due course.

In the meantime, we amuse ourselves by making "better sharpen the axe" comments in front of her. Funny how she keeps calling our bluff.

P.S. I actually recorded a cute video this evening of all four ladies dustbathing. As soon as I figure out how to post it to YouTube (not hard, I'm sure, but I've just never done it before), I'll post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment