Friday, April 22, 2011

She's got high hopes!


Happy Earth Day! It's supposed to be 65 degrees tomorrow. Oh please, let it be so!

Our spring has been so cold, and I am so far behind in my seed sowing! Last weekend we picked up a truck load of Zoo Doo from Woodland Park Zoo and spread it around the front and back gardens.

Our garlic is going strong...

...and our asparagus is pushing through the Doo!

We are fighting morning glory coming up in the former weed-infested strawberry patch, so we're going to forgo replanting berries this year. It's a good, sunny, spot, so I'll do either tomatoes, pole beans or summer squash there. It will be easier to nip out weed problems in the bud than it would be if they were obscured by strawberry foliage.

Speaking of weeds, our rhubarb is doing great...

...and so is my pot of lemon balm. Never mind that I had to dig up 10 times that much from beds and paths where it did not belong!

Lil' black pot herb garden.

This weekend we hope to plant our onion starts and sow seeds of peas, carrots, beets, lettuce and some other greens. We even have a packet of "chicken lettuce" to plant for the ladies!

1 comment:

  1. It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Cat Accessories NZ

    ReplyDelete