Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cooped up, redux

It was chilly yesterday morning and allegedly going to hail in the afternoon, so the ladies were stuck in their basement brooder confinement.

I took off the top at lunch so they could stretch their wings and perch on the brooder sides. I had my back turned, thinning some tomato starts that I had sitting on the clothes dryer, when I heard something slightly odd. I turned, and there was Miss Buttons on the floor. Overshot again. At least she didn't start carrying on, although she did the usual protesting when I picked her up.

We've handled the ladies since day one (only not too much the first few days while they were getting settled). Yesterday I started petting them without actually picking them up. Babette allows it for the longest before moving away, and Lady M is getting used to it, too. Miss Buttons is, well, Miss Buttons.

We're still aiming to have the henhouse ready for permanent residence on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment